It followed the resignation of the government led by the former prime minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga, who handed in his resignation on Friday, according to a statement from the permanent secretariat of the Presidency in Bamako.
The members of the new government in Bamako include Tieman Hubert Coulibaly as Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation; and Dr. Boubou Cisse as Minister of Economy and Finance.
“By the letter dated December 29, 2017 Prime Minister Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga handed in his resignation, as well as that of the members of his government, in accordance with Article 38 of the Constitution.”
“In return, the President of the Republic accepted the resignation of the Prime Minister and that of the government,” the statement added.
Mali’s Presidency gave no explanation as to the reasons for the resignation of the head of the government, but indicated that another Prime Minister “would be appointed soon and a new government formed.” Idrissa Maiga was appointed prime minister on April 10, 2017.
The complete list of the new government led by Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga was published on Saturday night, and includes:
• Minister of Defence and Veterans Affairs: Tiena Coulibaly
• Minister of Mines and Oil: Professor Tiemoko Sangare
• Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralization: Mohamed Ag Erlaf
• Minister of Justice, Keeper of the Seals: Hamidou Younoussa Maiga
• Minister of Security and Civil Protection: Brigadier General Salif Traore
• Minister of Territorial Communities: Alassane Ag Hamed Moussa
• Minister of Solidarity and Humanitarian Action: Hamadou Konate
• Minister of the Environment, Sanitation and Sustainable Development: Ms. Keita Aida M’bo
• Minister of Health and Public Hygiene: Professor Samba Ousmane Sow
• Minister of Human Rights: Maitre Kadidia Sangare Coulibaly
• Minister of Infrastructures and Equipment: Ms. Troare Seynabou Diop
• Minister of National Education: Housseini Amion Gunido
• Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research: Professor Assétou Foune Samake Migan
• Minister of Investment Promotion and the Private Sector: Maitre Baber Gano
• Minister of Agriculture: Dr. Nango Dembele
• Minister of Youth and Citizen Construction: Amadou Koita
• Minister of Malians Living Abroad and African Integration: Dr. Abdramane SyllaA
• Minister of Energy and Water: Malick Alhousseini
• Minister of Trade and Competition and Government Spokesperson: Abdel Karim Konate
• Minister of National Reconciliation and Social Cohesion: Mohamed El Moctar
• Minister of Labour and Public Service, in charge of Relations with Institutions: Ms. Diarra Raky Talla
• Minister of Culture: Ms. Ndiaye Ramatoulaye Diallo
• Minister of Digital Economy and Communication: Arouna Modibo Toure
• Minister of Employment and Vocational Training: Maouloud Ben Kattra
• Minister for the Promotion of Women, Children and the Family: Ms. Troare Oumou Toure
• Minister of Territorial Planning and Population: Adama Tiémoko Diarra
• Minister of Industrial Development: Mohamed Aly AG Ibrahim
• Minister of Crafts and Tourism: Ms. Nina Walet Intalou
• Minister of Religious Affairs and Worship: Thierno Amadou Oumar Hass Diallo
• Minister of Local Development: Soumana Mory Coulibaly
• Minister of Transport and Opening up: Moulaye Ahmed Boubacar
• Minister of Sports: Jean Claude Sidibe
• Minister of Housing, Town Planning: Cheick Sidiya Sissoko alias Kalifa
Minister of Livestock and Fisheries: Ms. Kane Rokia Maguiraga.