just now

      DESASTRES | DISASTERS

    23-Feb-2015 to 12:20

    S/African authorities to probe mine fire

    APA-Pretoria (South Africa) — South Africa’s Harmony Gold Mining Company and the Ministry of Mineral Resources will launch a probe into the cause of an underground fire that started at Kusasalethu Gold Mine in Carletonville at the weekend, officials said Monday.

    Read more

    23-Feb-2015 to 10:21

    Mozambique reopens Limpopo railway line after derailment

    APA-Maputo (Mozambique) — Mozambique\'s Ports and Railways Company (CFM) has reopened the Limpopo railway line that links the capital Maputo to Zimbabwe after a four-day interruption caused by a derailment, APA learnt here Monday.

    Read more

    16-Feb-2015 to 15:23

    Malawi raises US$27m towards flood response

    APA-Lilongwe (Malawi) — Malawi’s Department of Disaster Management and Affairs (DODMA) announced Monday that it has so far raised $27 million towards flood disaster response.

    Read more

    16-Feb-2015 to 09:21

    UN seeks US$30m for Mozambique flood response

    APA-Maputo (Mozambique) — United Nations agencies and other humanitarian groups in Mozambique on Monday launched a US$30.1-million response and recovery proposal to meet the needs of more than 160,000 people affected by floods in the country’s Zambézia province.

    Read more

    13-Feb-2015 to 13:30

    UN provides US$9.2m to flood-stricken Malawi districts

    APA-Lilongwe (Malawi) — The United Nations has provided US$9.2 million for food, education and sanitation to three Malawian district most affected by floods that ravaged the southern African country last month.

    Read more

    11-Feb-2015 to 17:15

    Illegal migrants’ death toll set to climb

    APA-Tripoli (Libya) — The death toll from the latest group of illegal migrants making their way to Europe through the Mediterranean Sea is set to climb, sources in Tripoli indicate on Wednesday.

    Read more

    11-Feb-2015 to 12:45

    Mozambique closes shelters in flood-hit region

    APA-Maputo (Mozambique) — The Mozambican government says it has closed nine temporary accommodation centres established for flood victims in the central Zambezia province on the grounds that there is no longer flood threat in the Zambezi basin.

    Read more