The Namibian police have so far confirmed that eight women and men died on the spot after a head-on collision between two minibuses, both of which burst into flames.
Emergency officials told the local media that 23 people survived the accident and many of the injured have been admitted in hospitals in the region.
Police Inspector General Sebastian Ndeitunga said the law enforcement agencies are still trying to determine the exact number of fatalities and the extent of injuries in the accident.
It is suspected that a tyre of one of the vehicles had burst and caused the accident.
The mishap came just days after six people died on a head-on-collision on the B1 road between Windhoek and Okahandja on Monday.
Four people perished in a fire, when a Toyota sedan collided with a Mitsubishi SUV.
A fifth person who was in the sedan died after being thrown off the car, while the driver of the SUV also died on the spot.