APA – Kigali (Rwanda) – The presiding judge at Kicukiro primary court in Kigali has remanded Dennis Kazungu who is accused of murdering 14 people, 13 females and one male, some bodies of whom were unearthed from his rented residence.
A judicial source told APA Wednesday that the 34-year old suspected killer admitted to have killed 14 people, some of who he reportedly cooked at ate them in an act of cannibalism.
At least 12 of the bodies of Kazungu’s alleged victims were found in the kitchen of the house he used to rent. Prosecution said Kazungu picked his unsuspecting victims from different locations including Remera, Kimironko, Kabuga, Masaka and Rusororo before luring them to his abode in Busanza.
During a previous hearing on September 21, the prosecution stated that in April of last year, Kazungu rented a house in Kanombe sector and remained there until September 5 of this year. Local authorities and security personnel were compelled to intervene after the landlord reported his failure to pay rent and refusal to vacate the premises.
Prosecutors further said that before murdering his suspects, Kazungu first tied them both arms and legs, threatened them with different objects including hammers and knives before robbing them of their possessions including forcing them to transfer money from their mobile phones or bank accounts as well as forcing them to transfer property and other valuable assets, including land.
Kazungu pleaded guilty to all charges and expressed his agreement with the prosecution’s statements.