Suspended on August 18 by the Minister of Justice for “failing to comply with his statutory obligations”, Algassimou Diallo, Prosecutor General at the Supreme Court, has been dismissed from the judiciary by the Superior Council of the Judiciary (CSM).
He was found him guilty of serious breaches of the duties and dignity of his office.
Disciplinary proceedings against Guinean magistrate Algassimou Diallo, a prominent figure in the trial over the September 28, 2009 massacre, have ended with his dismissal from the judiciary, two days after he was suspended by Justice Minister Ibrahima Sory II Tounkara.
The Superior Council of the Judiciary (CSM), sitting in closed disciplinary session, found that the allegations against Diallo had been established and constituted “serious breaches of the duties of his office, as well as the honour, propriety and dignity of the judicial profession.”
Acting on a referral from the Minister of Justice and Human Rights, the CSM ordered his dismissal under Articles 20, 35 and 36 of Organic Law L/054/CNT/2013 of May 17, 2013, governing the Statute of Magistrates. The decision is to be notified to Diallo, communicated to the Justice Minister and published.
The decision follows the order signed on August 18 by Ibrahima Sory II Tounkara suspending Algassimou Diallo from his position as Prosecutor General at the Supreme Court. The ministerial order referred to a “failure to comply with the statutory obligations attached to his status as a magistrate”, without specifying the alleged misconduct, and provided for the matter to be referred to the CSM for disciplinary proceedings.
The minister later explained that the suspension was a precautionary measure taken after he was informed of conduct he considered incompatible with a magistrate’s obligations. He said the case was subsequently referred to the competent disciplinary body.
A prominent figure in September 28 massacre trial
Algassimou Diallo became particularly known for his role in the trial over the September 28, 2009 massacre. Appointed public prosecutor at the Dixinn Court of First Instance in December 2021, he led the prosecution of former junta leader Moussa Dadis Camara and several former officials of the National Council for Democracy and Development (CNDD).
His judicial career later took him to the position of Prosecutor General at the Kankan Court of Appeal, following a presidential decree dated November 1, 2025, before he was appointed Prosecutor General at the Supreme Court.
The minister who ordered his suspension was also closely involved in the September 28 case. Ibrahima Sory II Tounkara had previously served as president of the Dixinn Court of First Instance, where proceedings in the trial were held, before being appointed president of the Conakry Court of Appeal and subsequently Minister of Justice.
In its dismissal decision, the CSM established the allegations against the magistrate but did not publicly detail their nature.
The Justice Minister nevertheless said in an interview on national television that audio exchanges with opposition leader Cellou Dalein Diallo were among the evidence held against the former magistrate, with the authorities considering the exchanges incompatible with his professional obligations.
A travel ban had also been imposed on Algassimou Diallo in connection with the case, according to an instruction sent on August 19 to the Director General of the National Police by the Prosecutor General at the Conakry Court of Appeal.
The CSM, chaired by Sidy Souleymane Ndiaye and with Hassan 2 Diallo serving as rapporteur, ordered the publication of its decision, bringing Algassimou Diallo’s career as a magistrate to an end.
AC/lb/as/APA





